Saturday, December 25, 2010

Comparison Of Ccnp And Ccsp

The Day After Christmas I Love You, ...

La copertina originale di One Night with You


La Notte è ormai passata.

Quella di Natale, non quella di cui cantava Rod Stewart nel 1976 per convincere una bella fanciulla (all'epoca Britt Ekland ) ad aprire le sue ali - ci siamo capiti -. Molte canzoni hanno nel titolo il tema della notte, abbinato a quello della persona con cui ci si vanta di averla passata, o con cui si spera di passarla. One Night With You appartiene alla seconda categoria. All'inizio questo pezzo - che nelle prime battute può ricordare un po' 'O Sole Mio - si chiamava One Night of Sin , ed era un tipico brano terzinato di matrice R'n'B, cantato nel 1957 da Smiley Lewis :







Here's another version, by Fats Domino :





Elvis Presley wanted to sing this song too.
The problem was the text.
What One Night of Sin said

One night of sin
Is what I am payin 'for
The things I did and I saw
Would make the earth stand still

Do not call my name
It makes me feel so ashamed
I lost my sweet helping hand
I got myself to blame

Always lived
very quiet life
Ain't never did no wrong
Now I know that very quiet life
Has cost me nothing but harm

One night of sin
Is what I am payin' for
The things I did and I saw
Would make the earth stand still


Questa è una traduzione (quasi) letterale:

Una notte nel peccato
E' quello che sto pagando
Le cose che ho visto e fatto
Farebbero spavento a chiunque


Non dire il mio nome

Mi fa vergognare così tanto
Ho perso quella dolce mano dal Cielo
La colpa è mia soltanto.

Ho sempre vissuto
una vita tranquilla
Non ho mai fatto del male a nessuno
Ora so
Che quella vita tranquilla
brought me nothing but grief.

One night in sin
That 's what I'm paying
the things I've seen and done
They would scare anyone



Evidently, for the 1957 song was that of a situation too bold to propose to a white audience (the texts of African-American artists were always censored when they had to overcome the musical line color). There was a man who had committed a terrible sin, probably of a sexual nature, probably with another woman, stuff to "stop the earth" - and it is curious that the film The Day the Earth Robert Wise (1951) is named in the original The Day The Earth Stood Still , namely "The day the earth stood still" -. When Elvis Presley chose this piece to revive his career after his military service in Germany (there were already the Beatles and the music world had changed somewhat), had to change the text "sinful", and came out out of this version:


One night with you Is what I am praying for
The Things That We Could two
plan Would make my dreams come true Just call my name


And I'll
be right by your side I want your sweet helping hand
My love's too strong to hide

Always lived

Very quiet life I is not never did no wrong Now I know


That life without you Has Been too lonely

too long One night with you Is what I am praying
for
The Things That We Could two
plan Would make my dreams come true


And here's the translation:

One night with you
I'm praying for E'quello
The things we do together They would make my dreams reality



Call me once And I'll be at your side
I want your sweet hand I
aid My love is too strong to hide


I lived a very quiet life
I did not never hurt nobody

But now I know That life without you
It 'been too much alone for too long



One night with you That 's what I'm praying for
The things we do together
They would make my dreams reality





The tension is so moved remorse for the sin committed by the desire to want to do something Marquises. In a sense, the version of "domesticated" is very more "dangerous" from a moral point of view than the other, also the points at issue rather than to feel good, they speak of a "soft hand" that comes in handy and a great love to hide, "but this is the size of the pop: can be interpreted as better believe it. Following Elvis shooting a song with the original text in 1983:





One Night of Sin was interpreted by many, including a presley with Marc Almond both sax alongside the soundtrack of the film Mojo (1997), set in London's Soho in the late 50s of last century (it is stunning to write it, eh?):





A particular version was given the 'last year by Jarvis Cocker during a concert held in London in October 2010 that he saw arrayed on the stage guitarist Duane Eddy, known for his guitar solos in Peter Gunn Theme Henry Mancini - made famous also by a famous scene of Blues Brothers (1980) -, Richard Hawley , and the singer Ellie Goulding .
Here Jarvis, after saying publicly that he and Elvis shared three letters of the name, concludes by saying that he would try to interpret his music. Five minutes after you see it just go wild in One Night With You as if possessed by the spirit of the Man of Tupelo, halfway between the tribute and the performance that could do some very tipsy relatives at your wedding.




The video is of poor quality - taken with a cell phone, almost a bootleg, but there JarvElvis everything.

The result is a sublime cover of a cialtroneria, similar to that Renzo Arbore made of Are You Lonesome Tonight in his Pap'Occhio (1980 ) or, while remaining in the southeast of the boot, the first Leone Di Lernia with Ce 'But NCE Na Sci (which I do not know what that means, since it is the dialect Trani):



short, Cocker puts the since in One Night With You, by returning this track back in 1957, between local and smoky juke-box with records that were not to be heard by the average white audience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment